Seth W. Slayden
Seth has an established and growing practice that blends both transactional law and litigation. By combining these experiences he is able to provide his clients with a clear picture of options available and the benefits and risks of each, whether it’s in the courtroom or the boardroom. Seth primarily serves as general counsel for a number of small businesses in St. Joseph and northwest Missouri, and his clients feel comfortable asking him for help with their day-to-day legal needs, which include a broad range of topics such as contract drafting, acquisitions, shareholder agreements, federal and state employment issues, and numerous other legal matters.
In addition to his transactional practice, Seth has also successfully represented several clients who have been injured due to the negligence of others. He believes courtrooms exist to provide full justice to those who have been hurt by the actions of others, especially those who have suffered catastrophic and life-altering injuries. The results he has achieved for his clients is a testament to his abilities as an advocate for his clients.
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- Seth W. Slayden, Drake v. Filko, 46 Urb. Law 187 (2013)
- Kenneth E. Siemens & Seth W. Slayden, Chapter 2 – Assault and Battery, Missouri Tort Law (4th ed. 2015)
- Michael L. Taylor & Seth W. Slayden, Chapter 19 – Discovery, Missouri Family Law (7th ed. supp. 2019)
- Michael L. Taylor & Seth W. Slayden, Chapter 20 – Trial Practice, Missouri Family Law (7th ed. supp. 2019)
- Rising Star, Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers
- J.D., University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Order of Barristers
- The Urban Lawyer, Editor
- UMKC Law Review
- B.S., Northwest Missouri State University (Political Science, Criminal Justice)
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honors Society
- St. Joseph Bar Association
- 4th Judicial Circuit (Missouri) Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Seth was born and raised in King City, Missouri, where he worked on the family farm. He resides in St. Joseph with his wife Jonht, a graduate of Missouri Western State University, and their golden retriever, KC. Seth and Jonht are members of Wyatt Park Baptist Church where Seth serves as chairman of the Missions Committee. He also volunteers with many local non-profit organizations and community projects. Seth is a board member of the Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art, vice-chairman of the City of St. Joseph Zoning Board of Adjustment, and a graduate of the United Way Leadership St. Joseph Class of 2016.
This resume is subject to rule 7.3 of the Missouri rules of professional conduct, which requires that the following notice be given: “advertising material: commercial solicitations are permitted by the Missouri rules of professional conduct but are neither submitted to nor approved by the Missouri bar or the supreme court of Missouri.”